A new grant funding programme to help communities living within 5 miles of certain waste transfer stations or landfill sites take action for their local environment.
What is it?
The Landfill Disposals Tax Communities Scheme is a new Welsh
Government funding programme managed by WCVA. The scheme will
support local community and environmental projects in areas
affected by the disposal of waste to landfill.
How much funding is available?
Grants of between £5,000 and £49,999 will be available
for projects that meet scheme criteria. The fund size is £1.4
million per annum.
The Main grants round for grants between £5,000 - £49,999 is
open from 21 October 2019 and
closes 13 January 2020
A Nationally Significant project can be funded in this
Autumn round - with a value of between £50,000 - £250,000.
Applications can be submitted from 30 October and the closing date
is 22 January 2020 for projects beginning no earlier than 8
Who and what will it fund?
The fund will be open to any organisation for projects focusing
on one or more of the following themes:
Biodiversity - create Resilient Ecological
Networks for the benefit of a range of habitats and species:
- Improve conditions to help native species, pollinators and
provide opportunities for new planting
- Restore, maintain and enhance natural habitats
- Engage and support participation and understanding to embed
Waste Minimisation and the Diversion of Waste from
Landfill - promote awareness and best
practice to reduce the amount of waste produced:
- Encourage prevention, re-use, recovery and recycling of
- Reduce food waste and support initiatives such as
- Engage and support understanding to enable waste to be seen as
Enhancements - bring wider community benefit
through improving quality of place:
- Create community green spaces and supporting green
- Bring neglected and run-down areas back into community use
- Maintain or improve community facilities, for example community
Please click here for
Please contact email@example.com or
your local County Voluntary
Council for further enquiries.